Liverpool FC Supporters Club of Boston Mission Statement and Constitution
Written by Jay
Saturday, 30 January 2010 18:27
||Liverpool FC Supporters Club of Boston seeks to uphold and enhance the good name of Liverpool Football Club and its supporters. We are fully committed to engaging and establishing friendly connections with other supporters of Liverpool Football Club throughout Boston, the world, and with supporters of other football clubs. We encourage our fans to be exemplary representatives of Liverpool Football Club who strive to uphold its values and to live up to the words, “You’ll Never Walk Alone.”
The Official Liverpool Supporters Club will herein be referred to as LFC Boston.
- THE COMMITTEE
In the autumn of 2006, our founding members began collecting the email addresses of Liverpool FC supporters who were meeting at the Phoenix Landing in Cambridge, MA for Liverpool games. From that email list, grew LFC Boston. On October 20th, 2007 LFC Boston held its first Annual General Meeting and elected seven members to the Committee. Each person on the Committee was elected to a specific position and had specific duties related to establishing LFC Boston as an Official Supporters Club. In 2008, LFC Boston was granted official status by Liverpool Football Club’s Association of International Branches (AIB). LFC Boston wrote a constitution in line with the requirements of being granted official status and it was ratified by the founding Committee on July 30, 2009.
The committee consists of Liverpool FC supporters from the Boston area who volunteer their time and energy to bring success and growth to LFC Boston. While committee members bring diverse opinions on all aspects related to the business of the club, we are committed to respecting each other and reaching a consensus on all matters. We are determined to act justly, and are bound by this constitution, to deliver outcomes that are in the best interests of everyone associated with LFC Boston.
Positions on LFC Boston Committee The Committee is comprised of seven members voted by the Committee and at least 3 members elected by the members of LFC Boston at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
The Committee elects positions in which sensitive material and information must be transferred and entrusted, e.g. bank account details, passwords (website, Facebook, emails, etc.), email lists, member lists, files held by secretary, etc. Members can hold up to but no more than two Committee-elected positions (herein CE Committee positions).
Qualifications to be Committee-Elected
Must have held a Member-elected position for at least one term before he or she can be considered a CE Committee position. In extenuating circumstances, should a CE Committee Member step down, the Committee may vote to promote a qualified Member-elected Committee Member to a Committee-elected position at any given time. In the absence of a qualified candidate, the Committee reserves the right to source a qualified candidate for that position who may not have been a) a Member-elected Committee member or b) an LFC Boston member for a full nine months so long as it is in the best interests of the Club.
- Holds bank account, maintains expenditure records and releases funds
- Organizes Committee Meetings
- Writes agendas and records Committee Meeting minutes
- Maintains all written records and files of LFC Boston
- Maintains membership records
- Updates and maintains www.lfcboston.com
- Club Liaison
- Contact with the Association of International Branches for Liverpool FC
- Pub Liaison
- Contact with owner of the Phoenix Landing Pub regarding the business proposals of LFC Boston
- Media Specialist
- Writes and distributes LFC Boston e-newsletter
- Write articles about LFC Boston and its events
- Social Events
- Coordinates all social events concerning LFC Boston
- Coordinates all philanthropic events for LFC Boston
- Responsible for web-based social media
- Forum Moderator
- Moderates the Code of Conduct on the website forum
Member-elected positions (herein ME Committee members) are held for one year and require reelection at the AGM. Persons can run for unlimited consecutive years as long as they are reelected at an AGM. ME Committee Members vote on all matters concerning the Club within the Committee.
Qualifications to be Member-Elected
Must be a genuine supporter of Liverpool Football Club; must be a member of LFC Boston for at least nine months preceding the AGM; must be willing and available to carry out their role; must uphold the mission and abide by the Constitution of LFC Boston; must live in the Boston area and attends matches at the Phoenix Landing as regularly as possible; must be in good standing with ownership and staff at the Phoenix Landing Pub. Member-Elected Committee members help fulfill the duties of membership recruitment, merchandise sales, social events, LFC Boston design elements, and are encouraged to bring new ideas and roles to the Committee. Valid nominations must be proposed and seconded by existing members, with the candidate’s consent, and must be received by the Secretary fourteen days before the AGM.
- Chairperson of the Committee
- Ensure that members understand the purposes, functions, and scope of the Committee and how it relates to the running of LFC Boston.
- Be enthusiastic; stimulate the Committee and the Club.
- Designation of a chairperson must come from inside the Committee. It is a Committee elected position.
- In the event of a tie when the Committee votes, the Chairperson must decide on a deciding vote.
- This person can hold more than one position on the committee
- This position may be held for up to but no more than three consecutive years.
- Committee meetings shall take place on a pre-determined basis on a mutually arranged date. Meetings are to take place every other month.
- Committee meetings shall be recorded and have an agenda provided by the Club Secretary for the purpose of debate and information. Minutes shall be available to any member who requests them. Members shall have the right to raise matters of concern under any other business, if the matter has not been dealt with earlier on in the agenda.
- The Committee shall be authorized to determine the date of the Annual General Meeting at which the Annual Report is presented to be reviewed by members.
- Sub-committee meetings may be requisitioned for specified business only, such as to plan a club event. There shall be no other business transacted at such meetings
- Duties and Responsibilities
- The Committee is accountable at all times to its membership and shall report its activities to members.
- All members shall abide by the Code of Conduct as laid down upon joining the Club, in terms of behavior. Any breach of this conduct shall render members liable to action by Liverpool FC.
- AMENDMENTS TO THE CONSTITUTION
The Branch Constitution shall be amended at the Annual General Meeting, where amendments have be duly notified for the Secretary at least fourteen days before the AGM and the said amendments have been carried by two-thirds of the membership present.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Guests: Guest non-members may attend branch functions/matches with the prior consent or invitation by the Committee. Payment of an appropriate fee shall be determined by the Committee.
- Children: All children under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by a member guardian at LFC Boston events.
- Discipline: Failure to abide by the Code of Conduct of the Branch will result in the offending member being suspended from the Branch until the Committee decides what action is to be taken.
- Suggestions: If an existing member has any suggestions, please address them to the Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complaints: Any complaints must be made in writing to email@example.com and will be dealt with in all seriousness.
- CODE OF CONDUCT
All members of the Official Liverpool FC Supporters Club of Boston are part of the Association of International Branches, therefore must uphold the values and good name of Liverpool Football Club. As stated in the Mission, members are expected to be exemplary representatives of Liverpool Football Club and as such are asked to follow the Code of Conduct.
- All members shall treat fellow Liverpool fans as well as football fans of other clubs with courtesy and respect.
- No fan shall threaten another football fan or sing offending chants toward other fans.
- No member shall degrade or commit an act of violence on any other person while attending matches at the pub or any LFC Boston event.
Any violations of the Code of Conduct by members will result in the expulsion from the Supporters Club.